Welcome to Andrew Jackson Elementary School
Good Day AJS family and friends :) Thank you for visiting our webpage.
If you have any questions please feel free to email Mr. Barrios Principal Andrew Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents Can View Common Core State Standards Information Below:
Common Core State Standards 2013
Parent's Guide to Common Core
Read Me Week @AJES
*Book Fair will take place this week.
*Graph: Create a class graph that students will be able to record how many books they have read.
* Dr. Seuss Quotes: During morning announcements a quote will be given. Every class will have a chance to guess which Dr. Seuss book the quote came from. Teachers are to send their answers to the office.
* Dr. Seuss movies will be showing at lunch.
Monday, 3/3: Theme: I Can Read with My Eyes Shut
- Classroom Door Decorating Contest
- Guest Readers will read with classrooms
Tuesday, 3/4: Theme: The Cat and the Hat
Students will be allowed to wear hats to school
3rd grade art work will be displayed for viewing from 4:00-6:00. The book fair will also be open. At 6:00, parents will meet in the cafeteria for PTO announcements, and 4th grade students will share musical selections from 6:30 to 7:00.
Wednesday, 3/5: Theme: Green Eggs and Ham
- Students are encouraged to wear green to school
- The cafeteria will be serving green eggs for breakfast to carry out the theme for the day.
Thursday, 3/6: Theme: Fox and the Sox
- Students are to wear a pair of “Crazy Socks”
Friday, 3/7: Theme: Happy Birthday to You
*Students are encouraged to dress as a book character. We will be having a school-wide “Book Character Parade”
* We are working on having a birthday treat in honor of Dr. Seuss at lunch. This will be announced once it is set in stone.
The Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. MNPS does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. Contact MNPS ADA Coordinator at 259-8531.
MNPS maintains an official complaint procedure that complies with the standards set aside by Federal Programs under No Child Left Behind. Complaints regarding Public School Choice and Supplemental Educational Services (SES) are covered under this procedure. It can be found by clicking on Complaint Process.
Click on the links provided for more detailed information. <Complaint Process.>